Week 18. This week the painting came first and I was pleased with what seemed like a free flowing process. It is difficult with an image like this to find the right balance between free improvisation, random effects and control.
I had just demo'd the Wk 18 music to accompany this image when somehow I managed to injure my left thumb and ended up at the local hospital! I still don't really know what I did or how I did it, but that was the end of that piece. It featured a massed choir of double basses, and double bass playing is out of the question for a while with my injured thumb bandaged and splinted.
So this music was put together very quickly on Saturday, the sounds were generated by my e-mu proteus and played on a keyboard with my right hand. It seems to me that it works better than my original idea, and the project has just taught me a few more lessons.